Window cleaning is one of those annoying chores that is commonly avoided by most of the housewives, especially if they live on a high floor of a tall building. Thus, usually those windows are left dirty from the outside which gives the flat a pretty bad light. Still, it’s your view to the outside world, and I’m pretty sure that you don’t want to see it blurred by all the street dust and grime that sticks on the glass.
Of course, there are some housewives that try to do anything to clean the windows of their flat thoroughly from the inside and outside regularly, no matter of the floor they live on. Some do it alone, trying to do the impossible to reach every angle of the glass, others just call professional window cleaners Holloway companies provide. Actually, the second option (calling professional window cleaners) is the best solution for the problem called “high floor windows”. Still, if you’re one of those who choose the first option, then here are some tips on how to clean windows on a high floor.
What do you need?
- a window cleaner – both store-bought window cleaners and home-made water-vinegar solution will do the job.
- a squeegee – you will need a long handle attachment as well, to reach every angle of the window from the outside.
- a rope – you need this to ensure yourself. You don’t want to fall down, right?
The “how-to” process:
- Choose a cloudy, but no rainy day. Sunny days are not recommended as the direct sunlight makes the solution to dry on the window fast and leave streaks.
- Start from the inside. Spray the solution, wipe with the sponge of the squeegee, then turn it and wipe dry with the rubber part.
- Next, tie yourself up to something sturdy using the rope. This way you will keep yourself safe from falling down if you do a wrong step.
- Repeat step 2. Spray the solution, use the squeegee to wipe clean.
No matter how easy it sounds to you, cleaning the windows on a high floor is pretty dangerous. Many people are scared of heights and trying to do this alone can cause a really bad, even fatal ending. That’s why, there’s no professional window cleaner who will tell you that cleaning the windows of a high building is a piece of cake. Did you know that the cleaners hired to clean the windows of Burj Khalifa are some of the best paid window cleaners in the world? And it’s for a reason. This isn’t a job for everyone.